Life Science Business Transitions
Emerging Rapid Growth—Turnarounds
Mr. Lewis “Lew” Shuster is presently CEO of Shuster Capital, a strategic and operating advisor to life science company executives and investors with a focus on contract services, lab reagents and instruments, clinical diagnostics, and selected medical devices. To learn more, e-mail: info@Shustercapital.com
Areas of Expertise
- Board of Directors: Public and private life science companies. Extensive Audit Committee Chair experience.
- Strategic advisory: Cypress Bio. (formerly NASDAQ: CYPB) (diagnostics), Epitomics (reagents, diagnostics, services), Phalanx (reagents, services), Singulex (diagnostics, instruments/reagents), Wafergen (instruments/reagents),
- Due diligence and investor advisory: (Client venture and hedge funds and companies evaluated not disclosed due to confidentiality.)
- Restructuring, Mergers and Acquisitions, Turnarounds: Legacy Pharm. (services), Aviva Systems Biology (reagents), Epocal (diagnostics), Halozyme (therapeutics), (see also full time positions below in Experience section and Board of Directors section)
- Angel Investing and Start-ups: Retrotope (therapeutics), Sorrento Therapeutics (therapeutics), TissueNetix (reagents), Epitomics (reagents)
Stanford University Graduate School of Business (1979-1981)
MBA degree, June 1981. Arjay Miller Scholar (top 10% of class)
Swarthmore College (1973-1977)
BA degree with High Honors, May 1977. Major in Economics. Phi Beta Kappa. Part-time and summer computer programming consultant.